Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Thankfully Simple


This year we were invited to this really wonderful event that friends put together.  It is a complete Outdoor Thanksgiving celebration.  Everyone brings something and they enjoy a true Thanksgiving meal together outdoors.  We had every kind of food and drink you could imagine and, of course, turkey.
The kids really enjoyed hiking and playing in the woods.  A friend of ours brought the girls all the way to the top of the mountain which was a pretty big adventure and they loved it.
It was FREEZING outside... not as cold as it could have been but enough to make it uncomfortable unless you were next to the fire so everyone gathered there to warm up when needed.
Of course, we also had our regular Thanksgiving celebration at home as well.  Dee came home and brought an international friend from college so he didn't have to be alone for Thanksgiving.  He's from Costa Rica and I was blown away to see my girl and him carrying on conversations fluently in Spanish. She has studied Spanish since high school and has decided to make it her Minor but I had not realized how good she was until this visit home.
I am thankful that my girls love each other like this.  I love it when they are all home with me and cherish each moment.  They were so happy to have their sister home for Thanksgiving.


 

I cooked the traditional turkey and sides.  Brianna and Maia helped me in the kitchen and Keira helped me set the table and get the house ready.  We only had my mom and aunt this year in addition to our family and it was nice and relaxed.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to enjoy the simple pleasures of warmth, home, food, family and friends.  xoxo


1 comment:

momto5 said...

it sounds like you had two lovely thanksgivings. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails